LotG 015: Who’s on First?
- Today’s topic is a recent issue involving Doctor Who and the television show Community; tying in issues of copyright, trademark, fair use, and fanfic. (Isn’t my title clever…will anyone actually get it?)
- Thank You’s: Adam, for rushing home during his lunch break and fixing our upload of our last episode, saving us when Michael Stackpole tweeted that our last episode cut off halfway through. Geoff promises you a beer.
- The RPG Podcast Listener Survey has been an ongoing endeavor to identify the audience and trends in RPG Podcast Listening. If you’re an RPG podcast listener, and haven’t taken the survey already, please consider taking the survey by clicking here. It only takes a few minutes! If you’re interested in the results of previous years to see how your contributions will be used, check out last year’s analysis here.
- Melina’s mega-quick Forge Midwest recap! She got to play Dungeonworld, Lady Blackbird, and got to meet Tim Koppang from episode 13!
- We talk a while about Doctor Who. We both love The Ninth Doctor.
- Then we talk a while about Community! Melina’s a big fan. Especially of the D&D episode.
- Community’s creation, Inspector Spacetime!
- Let the Battle Commence: “Inspector Spacetime The Webseries” n/k/a “An Untitled Webseries About A Space Traveler Who Can Also Travel Through Time.” See what all the fuss is about here.
- Comparing Doctor Who and Inspector Spacetime. Legally a parody?
- Comparing Inspector Spacetime and the Untitled Webseries. Legally a parody?
- Thanks for listening! Happy Cinco de Mayo hangover recovery! Catch us in 2 weeks!
Podcast: Play in new window