LotG 014 – Do Not Pass Go! Do Not Collect $200! Rise of the E-Bookopoly?
- Today’s episode is about a VERY current topic – the antitrust lawsuit filed by the DOJ a
week and a half ago regarding e-book pricing.
- No thank you’s today, but we do have a “Congrats!” Jennisodes – for landing an
interview with Wil Wheaton as her celebratory 100th Episode. Wow! You go girl- we’re
officially jealous. Catch the interview here
- DOJ has initiated an antitrust lawsuit in the US District Court for the Southern District of
New York against Apple and five really big publishing houses. 12-cv-2826.
- The backdrop: Accusations of the “Amazon Monopoly” and what the Agency Model is.
- The Sherman Act: 15 USC Section 1, and the tale woven by the Complaint: 46 pages of
glorious detail about late night encounters in the private rooms of posh Italian
- Who settles and who’s prepared to fight.
- The Impact on You: How the impending battle will affect writers and consumers.
- Catch us in two weeks, and if you’re in Madison, WI this coming weekend, come game
with Melina at Forge Midwest. She’ll be running Fiasco and maybe even Inspectres!
Podcast: Play in new window